Here is the example. Above is a portrait of me, in my own environment, surrounded by my student work. Most definitely photographed in my zone. You will do the same thing to someone in this class.You will find out:
This must be a person you have never met before.I’ll write everyone’s name down and we will put it into a hat.We will come up and draw a name. Once everyone is paired up we will do an interview, then take a portrait of the person. Portrait’s can be inside (studio, with lighting) or outside (natural light, use a reflector to fill in the face.).
- The person’s name (duh?!)
- Where they are from.
- One activity apart from cellphones that this person enjoys.
- What makes them the absolute happiest?
- Favorite food.
- Favorite artist/band/dj/rapper/classical music composer/opera singer/Throat Singer
- What this person wants out of life.
- Where do they want to be in 10 years.
- Where will they probably end up in 10 years.
Post these answers as a comment to the blog. THEN TAKE A PHOTO THAT FEATURES ONE OF THESE ELEMENTS.
You could superimpose a flag over their face. The flag would represent where they come from.
Light the scene so that the personality of the person is reflected. Is it warm and mellow or harsh and scary?
Think about where that person wants to be in 10 years. Create that reality.
Interview is due at the end of the period today! Photo is due on Wednesday.
HERE IS THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM LINK
Photo is due Wednesday, 2/10